We're sad to see you go! Please know that you’ll always be welcome here if you decide to come back.
If you don’t have any banking or investing accounts open:
Go to Ellevest.com and click the user icon on the right-hand side of the top nav bar — select Membership from the drop-down. Click the “change or cancel” at the bottom of the page.
If you do have open accounts:
Before we can fully cancel your membership, all banking and investing accounts in your name have to be closed — we can only do that after all the money has been taken out.
We’ll help guide you through the process, but there are some things you can do to get started:
- Transfer all the money out of your Ellevest Spend and Save accounts. Use the Move Money dropdown at the top nav bar, or go to each account individually and click Withdraw.
- Delete any recurring transfers into your accounts:
- From Ellevest.com, click on “Move Money” at the top of the top nav bar and select Recurring transfer. You’ll see any recurring transfers you have set up and delete them.
- Cancel any direct deposits from your paycheck (you have to do this through your payroll provider)
- If you have any non-IRA investment accounts (like a Build Wealth goal) you can either:
- Withdraw the money as cash (which might have tax consequences)
- Or transfer the whole balance directly to a brokerage account with another provider (reach out to our Concierge Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for help)
- If you have an IRA, you can contact our Concierge Team at email@example.com for help with withdrawing or transferring your funds.
- Once the transfers are complete and your accounts are at a zero balance, contact our Concierge Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll close the accounts and then cancel your membership.
A few things to note:
Once an investment account has been closed, it can’t be reopened after 90 days. If you plan to use your account anytime in the future, we suggest you leave it open with a small balance to avoid it being closed permanently.
Once your membership is canceled, you’ll still be able to log in to access your statements and tax documents. But you’ll be in a restricted state, so you won’t be able to transfer any money.
You may receive residuals (dividends or interest) in an investment account up to 90 days after it’s been closed. Any residuals we receive will be transferred directly to your external bank account linked to Ellevest.
If you’re an Ellevest Private Wealth client:
Reach out to your financial advisor.