Yes, you can make deposits to an Ellevest IRA account while your IRA transfer is in process, as long you have linked a checking or savings account already. However, the IRS places a limit on yearly contributions to IRA accounts, so double check your year-to-date contributions before initiating anything! You can read more about contribution limits here.
Articles in this section
- What types of Rollovers does Ellevest support?
- What is the rollover process?
- How can I find out the status of my 401(k) or 403(b) rollover?
- How do I know what type of retirement account I have?
- If I have a “Rollover IRA” or a “Rollover Roth IRA”- can I transfer that account to Ellevest?
- Can I transfer multiple IRAs?
- How much can I contribute to my IRA?
- How to Find Your Investment Fees in your 401(k)/403(b)
- What instructions do I need to call my 401(k)/403(b) provider?
- How does the ACATS transfer work for IRAs?