Yes, you can make deposits to an Ellevest IRA account while your rollover is in progress, as long you have linked a checking or savings account already. However, the IRS places a limit on yearly contributions to IRA accounts, so double check your year-to-date contributions before initiating anything. You can check the IRS rules here. Please note that a rollover is not considered a contribution and does not count towards the yearly contribution limit.
Articles in this section
- Can I roll over a 401(k) or 403(b) that has both pre and post-tax funds?
- Are there fees for a 401(k) or 403(b) rollover?
- How does a rollover work?
- What types of Rollovers does Ellevest support?
- What is the rollover process?
- How can I find out the status of my 401(k) or 403(b) rollover?
- How do I know what type of retirement account I have?
- If I have a “Rollover IRA” or a “Rollover Roth IRA”- can I transfer that account to Ellevest?
- Can I transfer multiple IRAs?
- How much can I contribute to my IRA?